Teach the Beat!
Confidence with percussion instruments (Early Years – KS4)
Teach the Beat is an INSET programme designed to give teachers and practitioners more confidence with using percussion instruments as part of the music curriculum.
Music-making can be a daunting prospect, particularly for those teachers who doubt their own musical abilities. With the help and expertise of the Drumvoice team your staff will not only be inspired to teach rhythm, but will excel in doing so.
Time and again teachers have been amazed at what they can accomplish by the end of one of our training sessions.
Benefits of Teach the Beat…
- Develops confidence to lead structured, creative & engaging music sessions with a range of school & African percussion instruments.
- Delivers accessible skills & material which staff can use straight away.
- Provides an insight into managing group music-making & how to keep children focussed, engaged and achieving.
- Inspires creativity & development.
Whole or half day training with optional follow-up mentoring. Written material included.
Course content, tailored to requirements:
- Playing techniques for school percussion instruments
- Rhythm games
- Creating rhythms
- Musical elements
- Composing & arranging
- Managing group music-making
- Creativity & development
- Working with African drums
“I recently co-ordinated a training day for my music colleagues in our Catholic Secondary schools and was glad to be able to book Sarah and Claudia from Drumvoice for the day as they came highly recommended…and what a hit!
“Participants commented on the way they were encouraged from the word go and how their confidence grew throughout the day – brilliant not only for their musical skills but also for their own self-confidence and team-working abilities. Not to mention coming away with a multitude of ideas for taking back to the classroom. To sum up…an absolutely fantastic session!”
Clare Cooke, Partnership Coordinator for Birmingham’s Catholic Partnership.